Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend of Exploration 1st part (Sagunto)

Sometimes we seem to notice the world as a very small place where everything is connected. When I arrived at the airport in Valencia an ex-classmate and childhood friend of mine was waiting to pick me up.

I have several friends from my childhood that live in Spain now, and one of them has being living in Valencia for two years now. Vanessa and I knew each other in 1st grade and stopped seeing each other when I left the island in 9th grade. After 10 years an airport in Valencia, Spain was the witness of our reunion.

Vanessa and her husband have helped me with getting to know the city and its surroundings. Last weekend Sagunto and Requena had one more visitor

Sagunto is a town that belongs to the Valencia community. It is located 15 miles north from the center of Valencia. We went there to visit the town and a castle that the Romans built in 219 B.C. due to its strategic place for commerce through the Mediterranean Sea.













































Alejandro Simon (FSU/MFA candidate) from Valencia, Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment